I am/My daughter or son is enthusiastic about participating in this course. Weunderstand that an enjoyable and fulfilling experience with EPI depends on my positive attitude, on my willingness to contribute to the whole group and on my willingness to participate enthusiastically in the program activities. We understand that disruptive behavior, my use or possession of any form of tobacco, any alcoholic product or any illegal drug will result in my immediate return home, at my own expense and without refund. We have read, understand and agree to abide by the application guidelines, payment schedule, late fees, and cancellation policy. I also give EPI permission to use my name, address and picture in promotional materials and press releases.
Application and Payment Guidelines. Apply early! Most EPI courses are enrolled to capacity several months in advance of the start date. Fill out and return the application with your enrollment deposit. This deposit is applied towards the full program cost. After reviewing your application we will enroll you on the course of your choice if there is space available. In the event the course you applied for is full, this deposit will be returned to you; otherwise it is non-refundable. The deposit amount to enroll in a course depends on the date yourapplication is received. See below for details.
1. Applications received more than 4 months before course start date: $250.
2. Applications received between 2-4 months before course start date: $850.
3. Applications received less than 2 months before course start date: Full tuition.
If you apply less than 4 months before the course start date, tuition is subject to change due to airfare costs.
Enrollment Process. An enrollment packet containing a course description, equipment list, travel information and other materials to help you prepare for your course will be sent to you once your application has been accepted. You must return the following information from the enrollment packet:
1. Medical form (must be signed by a physician). Medical insurance coverage during course dates is required. Temporary medical insurance may be obtained from TravelGuard (800-826-4919,www.travelguard.com).
2. Acknowledgment of risks forms (available online)
3. A photocopy of the minor international travel letter (must be signed by parents and notarized)
4. Photocopy of the first two pages of the traveler's passport and student ID - for international courses
All forms and a $600 non-refundable airfare deposit are due 21 days after you receive the enrollment packet. Tuition is due 70 days prior to the course start. Payment and forms must be postmarked or received by this final due date. A $20 late fee will be added to your account each week for forms or payments received after this date. Any participant missing paperwork or payments within four weeks of the course start will be dropped from the course with no refund given. For your convenience, if you choose to pay by credit card, EPI can automatically charge your credit account provided on the appropriate due dates. Due to events outside our control, EPI reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge to the course tuition. EPI will absorb the first 10% of any increases, however, we may be forced to surcharge for any additional increases.
Student Behavior and Discipline. EPI will expel any student who exhibits behavior that is unsafe or disrupts or distracts from the educational mission of their course. Harassment, use of drugs and alcohol, theft or misuse of property, low motivation and disregarding instructions are examples of behavior that will lead to expulsion. If a student is expelled there will be no refund and the return home will be at the expense of the participant and their family.
Equal Opportunity. EPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in the administration of its admission or employment policies. If EPI reasonably determines that a disability could lead to an inappropriate level of danger to the student or others, based upon a particular activity, then that person may be ineligible for that particular course or assignment but would not be excluded from other opportunities offered by EPI.
EPI Cancellation Policies. If you cancel or leave a course for any reason:
1. More than 70 days prior to the course starting date, EPI will retain the enrollment and tuition deposits.
2. Between 70 and 30 days prior to the course starting date, EPI will retain enrollment and tuition deposits, and 50 percent of the course tuition.
3. Less than 30 days prior to the course starting date or once the course has begun, there will be no refunds.
Because of the financial consequences of cancellations, we strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance, which will reimburse you for cancellation under certain circumstances (medical reasons, family emergency, etc.). One company offering these services is Travelguard (800-826-4919, www.travelguard.com).
Although we rarely need to do so, we reserve the right to cancel a course or change a course's duration, tuition, or location. EPI is not responsible for costs associated in these cases. Travel insurance generally covers these costs as well.